October 28, 2009

High & Low Fall Fashion


     I thought I would check in and see what the kids are wearing this season...when I passed these lovelies in a boutique close to Piazza di Spagna.  These shoes are quite simply..incredible (and so is the price!) and they struck me as more fit to be behind museum glass, but if there is one thing that is important in Italy, it's fashion. I'm not really sure how people keep up with the changing seasons and are able to have the latest "look" (and they use the English word "look" to describe this pursuit..I feel somewhat hip..)..
..but if you are on an English teacher's budget, or basically everyone else but the (cough cough) very "comfortable" you might want to consider other Roman shopping locals apart from famous (infamous) Via dei Condotti.



I can't say that I don't absolutely love those boots, but the lower-end fashion finds on Via Nazionale are (sniff sniff) much easier on the pocketbook.



Aren't these boots fun though?..makes me wonder what they are wearing in the US.  I must admit that I went in for one trend though..It's sort of a 'changeable' boot- goes from full boot to a flipped-down version of itself: 



Two for the price of one! The Italians are nothing if not creative, and Made it Italy seems to be stronger than ever - you can't beat Italian quality.  I had to fork out €69 for these puppies, but as they say, When in Rome.. (yikes!)..